To maintain my Administrator certification, I needed to install Spring ’21 Administrator package using old playground because I could not create new one having exceeded the expected number . I realized the instruction given can only be used on new playground – only the Id of the package was given, the name was not added. My search on AppExchange produced two wrong results. Clicking the link Install a Package or App to Complete a Trailhead Challenge when Playground starter app is not seen did not help since all my Trailhead Playgrounds are old ones. My search online gave me no clue.
Solution To Install Spring ’21 Administrator package using old playground
I remembered one of the Trailhead unit – Install the Dreamhouse App and Create a Heroku Button that I did and the instruction about how to install a package given the Id that says “If you don’t see the Playground Starter app, copy this package installation link”
This was the link I used to install the package and was able to complete the the maintenance module.
Steps to install the the package in an old Playground:
- Click the link this package installation link
- Sign in to your old Playground (that means you must have got the password and the username ready. If you don’t then follow the link Install a Package or App to Complete a Trailhead Challenge)
- This will take you to a page Install DreamHouse by Salesforce with this URL: https://<your domain>-dev-ed.lightning.force.com/packagingSetupUI/ipLanding.app?apvId=04tB00000009UeX
- Highlight the -Id “04tB0 0000009UeX” in the URL, copy and paste the Id of the Administrator package in the Maintenance module, that is 04t4x000000lxVE to replace it
- The URL now becomes https://<your domain>-dev-ed.lightning.force.com/packagingSetupUI/ipLanding.app?apvId=04t4x000000lxVE
- Click Enter. You should now be on a page showing Install Admin Spr 21
- At this point, start from step 4 of Upload the Custom Object to complete the Maintain Your Administrator Certification for Spring ’21 module.